Clube Scooter Rio de Janeiro

Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.
Clube Scooter Rio de Janeiro

Fórum para troca de informações entre membros do clube sobre scooters e motonetas em geral. Não importa marca, cilindrada, ano ou modelo.

2 participantes

ALUGUEL DE SCOOTERES NO RIO DE JANEIRO

Sérgio Lopes da Rosa
    Sérgio Lopes da Rosa

Pontos : 55

ALUGUEL DE SCOOTERES NO RIO DE JANEIRO Empty ALUGUEL DE SCOOTERES NO RIO DE JANEIRO

Mensagem  Sérgio Lopes da Rosa Sáb Mar 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Aluguel de scooter no RJ Postado no ORKUT em 28/10/2010 por C. Daniel
    Camaradas,
    recebi uma mensagem pelo site do clube perguntando se no Rio existe algum lugar que faça aluguel de scooters, assim como alugam carros.

Como não tenho a resposta desta pergunta, repasso para os amigos.
    Por favor, se alguém souber, informe o endereço e o telefone (se souber) para que eu possa responder prontamente a mensagem.

Abraço!

Postado no ORKUT em 28/10/2010 por Calçada
    Os únicos lugares que tenho certeza que alugar scooter, é em Búzios e Paraty, fora isso não acredito que no Rio exista lugar que faça esse tipo de locação

Postado no ORKUT 26/03/2011 (14:52 hrs) por Sérgio
    Do fórum NY SCOOTER CLUB

http://www.nyscooterclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14269

Ken_photo
    Post subject: scootering in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil- PHOTOS POSTED Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:49 am

I'm visiting Rio in August with Marcia. We have an apartment there to stay at. Anyone have any experience motorscooting there? Also any info on renting scooters there.
    Ken
    Black GTS250ie
    photo imaging: nudes & landscapes
    http://www.metaphotography.com

Makanmata

Re: scootering in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:33 pm

Rio is a magnificent place, and you will definitely have a great time there. As a resident of both New York (where I am a scooter commuter) and Rio though, I'm not certain that its going to be too practical for you to rent a scooter during your stay, and also not sure it will be worth the trouble for you to do so. Rio is generally well suited for scooters, with pretty good roads that are well maintained without New York style potholes, and they don't put up with the reckless cabbies that are part of scootering life in New York. One can regularly find dedicated scooter/motorcycle parking, and in any case the cops would never dream of hassling you for parking on the sidewalk -- as all subscribe to the sensible view that it is perfectly acceptable for a scooter or motorcycle to park there. The biggest negative difference of riding in Rio is that Rio is not as safe as New York is these days (think more like Baltimore or New Orleans, or like New York was in the 80s) and you have to make sure that you know your way around sufficiently to avoid less safe areas and certain tunnels where car/moto/scooter-jackings can happen. If you stay around the beach neighborhoods of Zona Sul, particularly in the daytime, you are unlikely to have a problem though.

The majority of the scooters in Rio are Chinese imports (with Italian names) as well as some modern Vespas and other Piaggios, as well as all of the Japanese brands (some of which are made locally in Brazilian factories). I'm not aware of anyplace that rents scooters though, but "Alan Motors" in Botofogo on Rua General Severiano, is probably the biggest scooter dealer in town and a good place to start. Brazil is a bureaucratic place though, and I am rather doubtful that rentals are feasible (particularly to a non-resident without a social security number). If you want to give it a shot, make sure that you get an Inter-American Driving Permit from AAA before you leave, as the police won't accept either your US license or the regular International Driver License.

If it is feasible at all, I think its likely to be a hassle to arrange a scooter rental, and in my opinion its probably not worth it. A lot of the things that make scootering appealing in New York aren't nearly as applicable in Rio, and there are lots of good alternatives for getting around, particularly by bicycle which will allow you to see the city at a slower pace. Rio has an excellent bike lane network, with protected bike lanes all throughout the city, including one that runs along the beach from Leblon all the way to Centro, which is surely one of the most spectacular urban bike routes in the world. Another advantage of a bike over a scooter is that Rio is very much a cafe society, and having some chopes (draft beers) or caipirinhas at a boteco is absolutely necessary to experiencing Rio properly. The police however have a zero tolerance level for driving with any alcohol in your system at all (for the past year the only blood alcohol level that is acceptable in Rio is 0.0%, and although this new law is very unpopular, according to yesterday's newspaper has resulted in a drop in traffic deaths of 43% in the year in which this law has been in force), and you don't have to think about this on a bicycle. I know that you can rent a bicycle from most bike shops, and there are several shops near each other clustered on Av. Barthelomeu Mitre in Leblon that you can check out if you are staying nearby.

So my recommendation is to avoid dealing with the bureaucracy of renting and driving a scooter, as well as the traffic and bus fumes that you would have to deal with, and instead enjoy the scenery of what I think is the most beautiful city in the world using pedal power -- and be able to enjoy a few cold chopes at the same time. In any case, I know that you will enjoy. Feel free to PM me with any non-scootering questions I can help you with.

Ken_photo
    Post subject: Re: scootering in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:25 pm

Well, I'm back from Rio. Stayed in Ipanema with a side trip one weekend to Paraty.

Didn't even look into renting a scoot. No need as mentioned.

Rio had tons of motorcycles and scooters. Everyone parks on the sidewalk. Only saw one parked on the street in two weeks. Mostly Japanese and Chinese. Suzukis seemed the most popular followed by Hondas. Only saw two Vespas and one vintage Lambretta used to decorate in front of a restaurant (had a badge "Lambretta, Brasil".

A great number of the motorcycles seemed to be used for business.

95% of the riders were wearing helmets (believed its required now). Of those 90% were full face. But little other protection was worn. Very few jackets and only saw two wearing gloves. Lots wearing flip flops.

The drivers there (South Zone) seemed no worse than New York City with the exception of the bus drivers.

Hope to follow up with some photos.

http://www.metaphotography.com

Flávia Bichara Postado no ORKUT 26/03/2011 (15:00 hrs)
    Em Búzios eu vi...

Postado no ORKUT 26/03/2011 (15:19 hrs) por Sérgio
    Flávia
    Achei interessante este fórum, porque existem outros gringos procurando esse tipo de informação.
    Assim, já na lingua deles, fica mais fácil .
    Achei as informações que o Makanmata deu excelentes e, pelo visto, o Ken ficou bastante satifeito, tanto que postou uma série de fotos muito bacanas.

Agora, com o lançamento em Abril do filme RIO (aquele da PIXAR com a ararazinha azul), aposto que a curiosidade pela nossa Cidade Maravilhosa vai aumentar e muito! E, também a procura por informações desse tipo.

É isso aí!

Bjcas
    Sérgio Lopes da Rosa
    Sérgio Lopes da Rosa

Pontos : 55

ALUGUEL DE SCOOTERES NO RIO DE JANEIRO Empty Re: ALUGUEL DE SCOOTERES NO RIO DE JANEIRO

Mensagem  Sérgio Lopes da Rosa Sáb Mar 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Vejam os trailers do filme "Rio" no YOU TUBE:

http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ81_Q0lYAM&feature=email
    carlosdaniel
    carlosdaniel

Pontos : 65

ALUGUEL DE SCOOTERES NO RIO DE JANEIRO Empty Re: ALUGUEL DE SCOOTERES NO RIO DE JANEIRO

Mensagem  carlosdaniel Dom Mar 27, 2011 12:49 am

[quote="Agora, com o lançamento em Abril do filme RIO (aquele da PIXAR com a ararazinha azul), aposto que a curiosidade pela nossa Cidade Maravilhosa vai aumentar e muito! E, também a procura por informações desse tipo.

É isso aí!

Bjcas
    [/quote]

Velozes e furiosos 5 também foi filmado por aki.

Conteúdo patrocinado

Mensagem  Conteúdo patrocinado

Data/hora atual: Qui Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm